Pages

9.20.2010

VB Rock 'n Roll Marathon 2010


So this wasn't the PR I hoped to set- but it definitejavascript:void(0)ly gives me a 'Time to Beat'! I slipped around the 5K water stop on all the cups on the ground and tweaked my knee just enough to be a hinderance. I sucked it up and kept on, and my running partner Wayne S. and I hit the 10K mark at about 64:50.

Around mile 7 though, the knee wasn't really supporting my body weight well. I was really struggling with running at all, let alone keeping my pace. I told Wayne to carry on and kick some butt, and I finished by alternating run/walk intervals to the finish.

My knee is definitely swollen and sore tonight, and I had muscles cramp out there that I didn't even know existed, but I wouldn't change the experience for anything. Nine months to a Half-marathon? You bet your ass I did. ;)

My Garmin died around the 9th mile, but the info online is as follows- 5K(31:34), 10K(1:04:43); 10 mi (1:58:25), 11.4 mi (2:17:56), 12.3 mi (2:30:54) Final (02:41:14).

I'm with Steve on this one- I LOVED seeing the Daily Mile runners show out today. Seeing the Daily Mile sign at the start was a huge highlight for me!!! Love ya'll!!

No comments: